Everybody hates failing. I have never met a single person who likes to fail. Failure, either in a business venture, in raising a family, or in sports, is one of the things that people avoid. But how can you avoid failing?
Most people think that you have to do grand things to ensure success. But the truth is it is the little things that spell the difference between success and failure.
Below are just some tips that people can do to avoid failing in different areas of their lives. Just using some of these tips every day can make a very big difference in your life.
1. Continuously expand your horizon. You should never be complacent. Remember that life is a continuous learning process. You just always strive to gain new knowledge and skills every day. Your brain, like your body, also needs a workout. It is like a wonderful machine that responds better when it is in constant use. So try to keep it active by doing different activities.
2. Always have an attitude of gratitude. Count our blessings and always be thankful for them. Try to make a list of all the wonderful things in your life. For sure you’ll be surprised just how many they are.
3. Learn from the successes and mistakes of other people. One way you can learn from other people is by listening to them. Learn how to genuinely listen to other people. Do not interrupt whenever they are saying something. Don’t judge unless everything a person has to say.
4. It is ok to daydream. Learn to exercise the power of your imagination by thinking in great detail about all your dreams and desires. And by thinking of them imagine that you have them already. Do this often and one day you will be surprised that your dream has already become a reality.
5. Learn to appreciate other people. Always acknowledge people for the efforts that they have done. Remember how it feels to be unappreciated and overlooked. Just a simple thank you would do.
6. Cut big goals into small ones so they would seem achievable. Determine the small steps that you can take to get you closer to your goals.
7. Go outside of your comfort zone. Stretch your capabilities by doing something that seems impossible to do. If you succeed, remember to celebrate your courage.
8. Remember that life is full of choices so no matter how bad things may be. Remember that you always have an option. Always keep in mind that there is a better outcome for everything.
9. Try to focus on the positive aspect of our life instead of the negative ones. Remember that you will attract things that you focus your energies on.
10. Learn to trust your intuition. Sometimes it is wise to listen to that little voice in your head.
11. Avoid getting angry or you might say or do something that you will regret later on. If you feel yourself getting angry, stop then take 10 deep breaths. Taking a breather will give you a chance to think and organize your thoughts before you speak.
12. Share your blessings. Give something back as they say. Successful people are generous people. Give regularly to the church or your favorite charity institution.
13. List down your daily task in order of importance. This way, you would have an idea of your priorities and focus on them.
14. If you have bad habits then try to substitute them with good ones. For example, you can replace an unhealthy addiction with a pleasurable habit that won’t be bad for your health. Eating is one pleasurable experience that can also be beneficial.
15. Take note and be proud of your little successes and achievements. Remember the obstacles that you have overcome in the past. Let your own success story be your inspiration in achieving a greater goal in life. If you have done it before, you can certainly do it again.
16. Be aware of your vocabulary because this can spell the difference between success and failure. Get rid of self-limiting phrases like “I should,” “if only,” “I can’t,” and “I must” and any others that spring to mind.
17. Value your time. Keep in mind that time is a precious resource so use it wisely. Don’t waste a moment.
18. Be a positive influence on others.
19. Learn to relax.
20. Finally, enjoy the journey to the top.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the best of The Sized delivered to your inbox daily.