If you’re planning to make video calls on your tablet, you must make sure that it meets the following benchmarks. First, it should have a long battery life, as you’ll be using it a lot.
The battery should last for a whole day, even with heavy usage. Lastly, the tablet should be durable enough to withstand heavy use. We’ve rounded up some of the best tablets for video calls in the market today. We recommend that you get the Chuwi HiPad X.
Best Tablets for Video Calls Reviews
- Alexa can show you even more - With a 10.1" HD screen that’s designed to move with you, video calls,...
- Stay in frame - Video call friends and family or take a picture while the 13MP camera with auto-framing...
- Smart home made simple - Set up compatible Zigbee devices or smart products without a separate hub. Ask...
- Take a look around when you’re away - Securely access the built-in camera to remotely monitor your home...
- So much entertainment - Ask Alexa to play your favorite shows, music, and podcasts from Prime Video,...
Echo Show is the first on our best tablet for video calls list. If you haven’t yet purchased one, there are some pros and cons to this video call device. While the camera isn’t the best, the Echo Show does offer some impressive video call quality. While there are some annoyances, overall, it is worth the money for video calling. This device can even be used for video conferencing!
Amazon Echo Show has improved its video capabilities from the previous generation. You can’t yet use it to Chromecast things like Nest Hub, but it supports streaming video from Netflix and Hulu.
The Amazon Echo Show also supports Skype video calls. You can also watch TV shows on Amazon, but it doesn’t come with a native YouTube app. You can still watch YouTube on the device using its built-in web browser. The screen is also a good size for video calls.
The Echo Show 10 has some really cool features. For one, the screen automatically follows you around a room, so you’re always in the center of the video. Another great feature is that the screen will follow you, so it doubles as a home security camera.
You can also buy it in two colors, blue and black. The camera on the Echo Show 10 is great for security purposes. The display has a 13-megapixel camera and has the ability to pan and zoom for a better image.
Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Starting at just 1.2 pounds (not including Type Cover), with new 10.5” touchscreen.
- Battery life up to 10 hours. Perfect for browsing, shopping, emails, and homework
- Tablet portability, performance and laptop versatility with adjustable Kickstand and Signature Type...
- Stay connected with included USB-C port and headphone jack. Full HD front- and rear-facing cameras let...
- Hi-res touchscreen is perfect for browsing, playing, and binge watching.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 is the second on our best tablet for video calls list. If you’re in the market for a tablet that can be used for video calls, the Microsoft Surface Go 2 might be a good choice. Designed with a touchpad, the Surface Go 2 offers excellent sensitivity and a smooth feel under your finger.
Despite the small touchpad, it’s wide enough for multitouch gestures. If you’re in need of a more comfortable keyboard, you’ll want to supplement the Surface Go 2 with a Bluetooth mouse.
The Microsoft Surface Go 2 is a lightweight tablet with a 10.5-inch screen. It has excellent audio, a fully articulating kickstand, and optional LTE. It’s the perfect companion for online video calls and works as a conventional tablet. The keyboard cover, though, costs an extra.
The Surface Go 2 comes with a 4G LTE modem option. Support for this wireless standard will ensure that you can use your Surface Go 2 no matter where you are. If you’re in a remote area, you can use the Surface Go 2 to make video calls.
As for the rest, the new Surface Go features include the optional 4G LTE modem. A good thing to know about this tablet is that it will have a free upgrade to Windows 11 in late 2021 or early 2022.
Another plus for video calling is its front-facing camera. The Surface Go 2 sports an 8MP rear camera. The Windows Camera app has also been updated to provide a document-scanning mode and twin microphones.
These features combined with the Surface Go 2’s microSDXC card reader and dual microphones make it the perfect choice for joining video calls. When comparing the two devices, it is clear that the Surface Go 2 is a better option for video calls than the Surface Pro.
The Go 2 offers a higher-end processor, a larger display, smaller bezels, and an improved Instant On feature. The Go 2 also has a longer battery life and a more responsive keyboard than the original. However, if you’re looking for a tablet PC for heavy usage, the Surface Go 2 is a better choice. It feels like a real PC and offers more features than the original.
Apple iPad Pro 11
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
- Stay connected with ultrafast Wi-Fi
Apple iPad Pro 11 is the third on our best tablet for video calls list. We recently took a look at the new Apple iPad Pro 11 and its video calling features. We were pleasantly surprised by the new camera on the iPad. The 12-megapixel front-facing camera is also equipped with Center Stage.
Toggling this feature on and off in the FaceTime settings menu will help you see your video calling partner without having to adjust the camera position. Also, thanks to the TrueDepth camera, you don’t have to calibrate the room to see your caller.
Another notable feature is Face ID. The Face ID application comes with all of Apple’s products. Using the TrueDepth array and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide lens, it recognizes people while talking and maintains their presence in the frame. It also can be configured to move to the left or right when taking a photo of the caller’s face. The Face ID feature is available on iPad 11 and iPad Pro 11.
If you want to make video calls on the iPad, you should consider using the iPad Pro. While the screen is not as big as the iPad Air, it still has a wide field of view. You can even stand up and make video calls while using this device.
Samsung Galaxy Tab s7
- PC PERFORMANCE. TABLET PORTABILITY: Transform your tablet into a PC experience with DeX mode and the...
- ENTERTAINMENT, UPGRADED: Experience cinematic viewing with larger edge-to-edge displays, TFT LCD screen,...
- REDESIGNED S PEN INCLUDED: With improved 9ms Pen latency, the redesigned S Pen can control presentations...
- CHANGE THE WAY YOU GAME: Bring console gaming anywhere thanks to available Wi-Fi connection, an immersive...
- CHARGE FAST. POWER FOR HOURS: Go for hours on a single charge, and back to 100% with the fast-charging...
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is the fourth on our best tablet for video calls list. When it comes to video calls, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a fantastic choice. The tablet features a 12.4-inch screen that is sharp and has a QHD resolution. The color rendition is punchy and the brightness is adequate.
Video calls are also possible with the tablet’s two front-facing cameras. The camera quality is excellent for video calling. The battery life is adequate too. The tablet has a 45-watt charger, and you can charge it up in as little as 4 hours.
While the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is not cheap, it still offers excellent value for money, and the Android software is solid. However, we do think that the device struggles to take full advantage of the tablet’s screen real estate.
The Tab S7’s battery life is good, though not as long as the Tab S7+’s. The Tab S7 has a decent battery life and can last 15 hours with light use. Depending on the features you use, you can expect your Tab S7 to last for a long time. It also has a good screen, and an AMOLED panel, which is better than most other tablets.
Despite its lower resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 still offers high-quality images. Its screen has excellent colors and viewing angles, and HDR10+ technology means that HDR videos look good.
The 120Hz refresh rate is great for smooth navigating through apps and Android. Compared to a 60Hz display, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7’s refresh rate is faster, which means you can see details more clearly and navigate through apps with no lag.
The dual cameras on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 haven’t changed much from the previous model. The main camera is a 13-megapixel unit, with a secondary 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The front-facing camera is an 8-megapixel unit and is good for video calls. The dual cameras make for a good overall experience. The curved edge screen on the Galaxy Tab S7 is a welcome change.
The fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy Tab S7 is built into the power button and works well. It’s not as easy to find by touch, though. Another noteworthy feature is the 2D face unlock feature. This feature works quickly but isn’t very effective in the dark. The Tab S7’s LTPS screen has a native resolution of 2560×1600 pixels, a 16:10 aspect ratio, and a 120 Hz refresh rate.
Another feature worth mentioning is the S Pen. The S Pen is a pressure-sensitive stylus with a button on its side. The S Pen is magnetically attached to the tablet and is compatible with any other model from Samsung.
The S Pen also has a battery and is useful for wireless gestures. The stylus charges by simply placing it on the back of the tablet. The battery life of the stylus is also a concern.
Vastking Kingpad K10 Pro
- 【Laptop Achievement, Tablet Portability】Transform your tablet into a PC experience with a docking...
- 【Powerful Performance For All】With Upgraded 12nm chipset (2x1.8GHz +6X1.6GHz) and 4GB RAM, K10 Pro is...
- 【Stunning Display, Immersive Experience】Premium look & feel with metal back cover. Experience...
- 【Android 10 Tablet With Dual Cameras】Features latest Android 10 system (GMS Certified), K10 Pro...
- 【Work & Play, Anytime Anywhere】Fast connectivity with 5G WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, remarkably thin and...
Vastking Kingpad K10 Pro is the fifth on our best tablet for video calls list. If you’re looking for a tablet with a great video call experience, then read on for the Vastking Kingpad K10 Pro review.
It comes with a 10.1-inch display and a 6000mAh battery. This tablet has a size that’s comparable to other tablets in its category, with dimensions of 258mm x 150mm x 7mm. The K10 weighs around 500 grams, but that includes the stylus and a case.
In terms of build quality, the KingPad K10 Pro is a good option for a tablet for video calls. It’s thin and light and features the latest Google Android 10 operating system. You’ll also find features such as gesture navigation and a dark theme that make navigation easier. You’ll also appreciate the built-in 13MP camera, a 5G-WiFi connection, and Bluetooth 5.0.
As far as video conferencing is concerned, this tablet is a perfect choice. It’s a good choice for budget-minded users. It has a long battery life and good multi-mode functionality.
The Kingpad K10 Pro is not as versatile as the CHUWI HiPad X, but its camera and processor are enough to handle the most significant tasks. It even has the option to use an external keyboard for typing and video chats.
If you’re on a budget, but still want a good tablet with video calling capabilities, you’ll be pleased with the KingPad K10 Pro from Vastking. This tablet is already available in many countries.
Among the pros of the Kingpad K10 Pro are its fast processor and dual speakers. You’ll also love the 6000mAh battery, which provides enough juice for multiple days of use. The K10 Pro can even be converted into a casual business laptop if you use its keyboard.
Chuwi HiPad X
- 🔔【Powerful 8-Core Processor, Smoothly Gaming Experience】 CHUWI Hipad X Android 11 tablet equipped...
- 🏆【6GB RAM+128GB ROM storage】CHUWI tablet with 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB ROM, running multiple...
- 📞【Dual SIM 4G LTE Net, Always Online】2.4G+5G dual WIFI and GPS help you find a way easily if...
- 🧸【10.1'' Wide Vision, Brings More Fun】10.1'' full HD IPS touch screen, and 1920 x1200 high...
- 📸【2 in 1 Android 11 tablet 】 HiPad X Android tablet can connects a docking keyboard case to turn...
Chuwi HiPad X is the last device on our best tablet for video calls list at which we will take a closer look. The tablet’s large 10.1-inch screen has a 16:10 aspect ratio and FHD+ resolution. It also comes with studio-grade microphones and high-fidelity speakers. We’ll also look at how video calling works with the tablet. Let’s get started!
The Chuwi HiPad X features dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, a GPS module, OTG support, and a 7000-mAh battery. With all these features, the tablet is capable of running for almost two days on a single charge. And it supports 4G LTE networks.
You can even use this tablet to make and receive calls on these networks. Moreover, its 7,000-mAh battery will keep you going for a long time even with mixed-use.
The Chuwi HiPad X has an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor. It also has a Malo G72 GPU. The tablet comes with 128GB of internal memory, which is expandable by SD cards. However, the device is not recommended for heavy gaming.
A good way to test the device is with an Android emulator. But if you’d rather use the tablet for casual gaming, then you’ll need a more powerful Android smartphone.
This tablet is a great choice for video calls, and its slim design makes it easy to carry around. It’s equipped with an IPS display for viewing videos. The camera on the front is 5MP. The rear has an 8-megapixel goal. The battery life is impressive and is rechargeable via USB 2.0 Type-C. The Chuwi HiPad X is a great option for video calls.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the best of The Sized delivered to your inbox daily.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.